Protect Your Future with Experienced San Jose Title IX Lawyer
Are you facing a Title IX violation accusation? The potential consequences can be devastating to your future career and education. However, with the help of Spodek Law Group and Attorney Todd Spodek, you can defend your right to education and protect your future. As a nationwide law firm, we offer experienced representation to help you navigate the campus process.
How Title IX Violations Can Affect Your Future
Title IX violations, such as sexual harassment or misconduct, can result in serious consequences that affect your academic and career prospects. Here are some ways that a Title IX violation can impact your future:
- Suspension: A suspension can be a major disruption to your studies, impacting your ability to transfer to another school and pursue graduate studies. A gap in your academic transcript can also negatively affect your career prospects and other lifelong opportunities. Our San Jose Title IX lawyer can help you avoid these consequences and maximize your chances of a better outcome.
- Expulsion: If you are expelled, it will show up on your college transcript, potentially hindering your chances of being accepted by another college. If you don’t disclose your disciplinary action, and the school finds out about it elsewhere, they can revoke your acceptance.
- Degree Revocation: Some schools may revoke a student’s degree upon a finding of a Title IX violation.
- Loss of Athletic Scholarship and Other Financial Assistance: All-female and male student-athletes may be entitled to scholarship awards proportional to their involvement in sports. However, serious misconduct can result in a loss of scholarship or other forms of financial assistance.
- Loss of Eligibility: Students accused of Title IX violations may lose their eligibility to participate in college athletics, impacting them both academically and athletically.
- Loss of Leadership Positions and Other Areas of Distinction: A Title IX finding of responsibility can result in a student being removed from leadership positions in student organizations or other programs.
Our Title IX Lawyer Can Help
At Spodek Law Group, we offer counsel and student advising for college students facing Title IX allegations. Our team of attorneys has experience in participating in disciplinary hearings, Title IX investigations, and criminal court proceedings. We provide a strong defense during the investigation and hearing, protecting your due process rights and ensuring that your college follows federal guidelines.
How Our San Jose Title IX Attorney Can Help You Win Your Case
- Gathering Evidence: We will help you collect evidence and find witnesses to support your defense.
- Preventing and Pursuing Retaliation Claims: Any attempt to contact your accuser can be considered retaliation. We will advise you not to contact them, and we can pursue a retaliation claim on your behalf if necessary.
- Civil Suit Defense: Title IX violations can be used against you in a civil suit, but our lawyers can help defend you in litigation.
- Defense Against Criminal Charges: Our attorneys have experience handling misdemeanor and felony criminal charges in court, and we can help you mount a strong defense if you are charged with a crime like sexual assault
If you are found in violation of a school policy and charged with a crime like sexual assault, our attorneys can help you navigate the criminal justice system. We already know the details of your case and can use our experience to help you mount a strong defense. We can also assist with reputation management by preparing a narrative to present to the court of public opinion, helping you move past these allegations and protect your future.
Title IX Investigations
If you are facing a Title IX investigation, it is important to know your rights. Our San Jose Title IX attorney can help you understand the investigation process and ensure that your rights are protected every step of the way. The investigation typically includes:
- Notifying all parties involved
- Gathering evidence
- Reviewing all information
- Writing a report of findings
You are allowed to have an advisor of your choice, such as a lawyer, present at all your meetings. Title IX also gives you the right to review evidence gathered against you, and you will receive a copy of the investigation report when it is complete. Investigations typically last around 60 days but may take longer if the allegations are more complex.
Hire a San Jose Title IX Lawyer You Can Trust
At Spodek Law Group, we are dedicated to providing our clients with exceptional legal representation. We understand the serious consequences that Title IX violations can have on your future and will work tirelessly to defend your rights. To find out how our San Jose Title IX attorney can help you with your case, please fill out our online contact form.
Colleges in San Jose
San Jose is a major technology hub located in Silicon Valley and home to many diverse neighborhoods, including Willow Glen, West San Jose, The Alameda, South San Jose, Santana Row, Rose Garden, North San Jose, Naglee Park, Mayfair, Little Saigon, Little Portugal, Little Italy, Japantown, Evergreen, Downtown, Alviso, and Almaden Valley.
Some of the colleges in San Jose that our San Jose Title IX attorney can assist with include:
|San Jose State University||One Washington Square, San Jose, CA 95192|
|Evergreen Valley College||3095 Yerba Buena Rd, San Jose, CA 95135|
|University of Silicon Valley||3300 Tully Rd, San Jose, CA 95148|
|Pacific Oaks College in San Jose||1245 S Winchester Blvd, San Jose, CA 95128|
San Jose offers plenty of things to do, whether you enjoy indoor or outdoor activities. In addition to its many neighborhoods, you can explore downtown Santana Row, which boasts over 30 restaurants and 50 shops. You can also try your hand at golf at the Pruneridge Golf Course or visit the flagship Tesla Showroom.